Sunday, January 26, 2014

A Bump in the Night

We have been waiting forever for Eric to finally feel a good baby kick.  I've been feeling those little bubbles of pop rocks for the past 9 weeks or so, but only from the inside.  I was starting to feel like I was imagining things or I just had some severe digestion problems!
Last night, I went to bed before Eric, which is a very normal occurrence lately.  I must have been taking over the whole bed, which is also pretty standard with this growing belly.  Eric moved me over and placed his hand on my tummy to say good-night to the baby and just then she/he kicked!  Not just a little subtle kick, a "I was asleep and you woke me up" kick.
"Whoa!  Did he just kick?"
Me. half asleep, "Yeah, she kicked.  Did you feel it?"
"Yeah, that was a big one."
"Well yeah.  You pissed off her mom by waking her up."
"Good."
It's nice to know that even during our pregnancy, our relationship has not changed.  We are just amazed by little and different things everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment